Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Fade

"We don't want to disappear. We want to be found. Something terrible happened in her basement. Haley can feel it. Four girls went missing several years ago, and the police never solved the case. But Haley know the missing girls were murdered. How else can she explain the hostile presence in her house? The ghostly girls need something from her. And unless Haley can figure out what they want...she might be next."

The Fade by Demitria Lunetta - release date December 11, 2018

Can I just say how COOL this cover is?  It looks normal at first and then you realize there is a hand frozen in the ice and it looks like it's reaching out at you.  CREEPY!!!  Which is super fitting for this creepy ghost story.

Haley and her family/friends have a weird vibe going on between them but you find out why/what's up with everyone more towards the end.  This book has some of the biggest plot twists I've seen since The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw (one of my favorite books ever-if you haven't read it I recommend it so much!!) so I was VERY shocked at some points.  It was also very creepy at parts too!  There was one point in the book where I read the last sentence of a chapter and it was just so creepy I had to put it down and just sit there covering my eyes for a solid minute.  (Give me a terrifying story over a horror movie any day.)  So this ghost story did its job of being really chilling.  There is also a large true crime/mystery element for all the people who like to solve these puzzles.  At first you think you have it solved but the story pulls the rug out from under you and you're like what?!?!?! I can't believe it!!!  This happens multiple times.

I liked how creepy it was at some parts.  I don't scare easily from books (or so I thought) but this book had some pretty eerie moments.  I also love books about paranormal and ghost stuff so this was right up my ally.  (Another book less about paranormal but still EXTREMELY terrifying that I highly recommend- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James.  So good.  So scary.)  I didn't like how sometimes it got confusing and a little bit hard to keep up with what was happening.  Also, when they revealed the huge plot twist I almost didn't believe it at first and went back to check in the previous chapters and was just really confused.  But it works itself out so just keep reading and you will get all the explanations you need.

I would rate this around like 3.5 stars and would totally recommend!  Took me about 4 days to read.
-Taylor
Reviewed on November 13, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment